In this episode, Corey and I sit down for a joint episode about when your child has a preferred parent (or not).
We talk about various ideas for sparking connection within your family unit, the normalcy of primary and secondary attachment, taking turns at bedtime, tips for bedtime routines, understanding how it feels to be the preferred parent, the importance of play, and effective communication as partners, and so much more.
To help celebrate hitting 100 episodes, from May 3 to May 17, choose a podcast episode that you love, screenshot it, share it, and tag me or send it to me. We will enter you into our contest to win either one year in our Peaceful Parenting membership, access to My Transform Your Family Life online course or private coaching.
- [4:20] Favorite ideas to help spark connection
- [5:40] The normalcy with primary and secondary attachment
- [8:25] Taking turns at bedtime
- [11:20] Tips for working up to bedtime routines
- [13:50] What the non-preferred parent can remind themselves of
- [17:20] How it feels to be the preferred parent
- [23:00] The importance of ‘play’ and including both the preferred and non-preferred parent
- [26:10] Communicating as partners
Episode #100: When Your Child Has a Preferred Parent (or Not) with Sarah and Corey
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
- Membership: www.sarahrosensweet.com/membership
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!