In this episode, Samantha, mom of two boys aged four and five, shares her journey of transitioning from traditional parenting approaches to Peaceful Parenting. She talks about how she struggles with her older son, who is more intense and requires a different approach.
Samantha talks about how hard it is for her to handle noise, conflict, sibling rivalry, and more.
- [4:10] Samantha’s trigger around ‘noise’
- [7:30] Handling rejection and being sensitive to language
- [11:30] The difference between being sad and feeling sad
- [13:25] Sensory processing challenges
- [17:15] Navigating sibling rivalry alongside my online course
- [22:20] Letting kids cry and encouraging tears
- [26:20] Biting during meltdowns and tips to navigate them
- [30:40] Using friends at school as teaching moments
- [31:55] ‘Twice exceptional’ kids
- [37:10] 3 week check in
- [42:20] Major epiphanies Samantha has had
- [47:20] Strategies to find self compassion
Episode #102: Coaching with Samantha: Parenting Struggles with A Sensitive, Intense Child
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
- My Transform Your Family Life Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/parentingcourse
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!