In this episode, Beth joins me to talk about transforming our mindset around blame, removing the shame of parenting responses, and wanting a more peaceful home.
Beth is the mom of three kids, and her third child, Sophie, is one of our kids that we call “more” or “extra”.
Beth is relatively new to Peaceful Parenting, and is a member of my Peaceful Parenting membership. She wanted some more help with making sure that she was on the right track with Sophie, and we worked together to find solutions and tools to the challenges she was facing.
- [4:10] About Beth and her three kids
- [6:30] Sophie’s background and wanting a more peaceful home for her family
- [10:15] Why rewards don’t work
- [12:55] What co-regulating is and why it’s important
- [19:45] Being an intense person and peaceful parenting
- [24:20] Meeting your child where they are
- [35:10] What systems can you have in place for a child who loses things?
- [37:30] Gardener and Carpenter metaphor
- [38:45] Wanting to help your kids, but at what cost to the relationship?
- [41:10] Four-week update
- [45:25] The challenges around not wanting to help our kids “too much”
- [47:20] Sensory triggers while getting dressed
- [49:35] Shifting our mindset around ‘blame’
- [52:20] How to be more patient when wanting quicker results
Episode #107: Coaching with Beth: Blame, Shame and Wanting a More Peaceful Home
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
Connect with Jonathon
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nextgenmen/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/boypodcast
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/nextgenmen
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/boypodcast
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/nextgenmen
- Podcast: https://breakingtheboycode.com/
- Website: https://nextgenmen.ca
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!