In this episode, I’m answering a listener’s question whose eight year old daughter hates school.
As some parts of the country are going back to school now, we are all getting ready to start that season again. Listen in for tips on how to navigate this question and support your kiddo through this challenging moment.
- [1:25] This episode’s listener question
- [3:20] Troubleshooting the root cause of ‘I don’t want to go to school’
- [6:15] Is the school a good fit for your child?
- [6:50] Is school too easy?
- [8:50] What to do if your child needs an evaluation
- [10:20] Suggestions for kids that are homebodies
- [12:50] Pinpointing anxiety
- [14:20] Resources for anxiety
Episode #115: When Your Kid Hates School
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
- Anxious Kids Anxious Parents by Lynn Lyons: https://amzn.to/3tF6Qj2
- Newsletter: www.sarahrosensweet.com/newsletter
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!