In this episode, we have a coaching episode with Stephanie. Stephanie is the mom of two kids, Felix, who’s 18 months, and Thomas, who’s nine.
Stephanie shared with me before we recorded that Thomas is an amazing, curious, strong willed, more extra 2E kid. She explains how he watches her and also triggers her, which invites her to work hard on her own self regulation and self compassion (as we dive into in our conversation).
- [1:20] You don’t want to miss this summit
- [4:35] When to start transitioning to letting your kids have more say over what they do and not forcing them or having to distract them to get things done
- [7:20] How others’ emotions can affect us, and especially children
- [10:45] When kids struggle to take medications
- [14:35] When a habit of making snarky comments can make kids feel bad
- [20:00] Her sons relationship with his dad
- [23:05] What to do when it feels overwhelming to get things done with him
- [24:40] Implementing collaborative proactive solutions
- [29:20] Emptying his emotional backpack
- [30:20] What her connection is like with her son
- [36:20] Helping her son learn how to communicate his feelings
- [38:00] Finding forgiveness for yourself
- [41:10] Dealing with her parent’s disapproval for how she’s raising her kids
- [45:50] One month check in
- [49:30] The progress she has seen
- [1:01:25] Managing our relationship to stress and time
Episode #123: Coaching with Stephanie: Parenting Intense Kids With Big Needs and Big Feelings
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
- Newsletter: www.sarahrosensweet.com/newsletter
- Summit: www.sarahrosensweet.com/summit
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!