In this episode, Dr. Michele Borba, author of the book ‘Thrivers’, and I discuss the importance of teaching children resilience and optimism.
We explore parenting strategies and practical tips for nurturing self-confidence, empathy, and self-control in kids. Our conversation highlights the role of parents in helping children navigate challenges and develop the skills needed to thrive in today’s uncertain world.
- [3:50] Teaching our kids self empowerment
- [8:05] Three categories of character strengths
- [10:05] Nurturing a caring heart and developing self-confidence
- [14:10] Seven traits and using them interchangeably
- [17:20] Developing a strong mind and self-control
- [22:10] Noticing when kids are feeling out of control and responding calmly
- [24:00] The impact of stress in our kids’ lives
- [26:40] Developing and encouraging optimism
- [35:05] Advice she would give to her younger parent self
Dr. Michelle is an educational psychologist, bestselling author, and Today Show contributor who has spoken to over 1 million participants on five continents and to countless media about child development issues.
She blends 40 years of teaching and consulting experience with the latest science to offer sound Realistic advice to parents and teachers and child advocates about helping children thrive.
Episode #126: Raising Thrivers with Dr. Michele Borba
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
- Newsletter: www.sarahrosensweet.com/newsletter
Connect with Michele
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drmicheleborba/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/drmicheleborba/
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!