Today’s episode is a guest coaching episode with Yael. You may remember Yael from a few years ago as she was on the podcast before, and she’s back talking about her complex kiddo, Rowan.
In this episode, we’re trying to find a way for him to feel supported at school, how to get his teachers on board, as well as some strategies for her to support herself. If you stick around to the end, you will hear her update on how things went with him.
- [2:15] Yael’s background and a re-introduction to her son
- [4:30] A recap of what we covered in our first episode
- [6:40] Getting Rowan assessed
- [8:55] The current challenges: Rowan not wanting to participate at school
- [13:30] How to ask teachers for support of our kids
- [20:00] Looking at different school options
- [21:50] Finding a mantra to soothe anxiety
- [26:15] Filling the gaps in learning
- [31:35] Putting our kids in the driver’s seat and encouraging autonomy
- [37:40] Strategies for self regulation
- [45:05] Check-in after a few weeks
- [53:20] Giving Rowan breaks from school
Episode #127: Coaching with Yael: Supporting Kids Who Are Having a Tough Time at School
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
- Newsletter: www.sarahrosensweet.com/newsletter
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!