In this episode of the Peaceful Parenting Podcast, Sophie joins me for a coaching episode, where we cover the adoption of peaceful parenting techniques and emotional navigation in sensitive kids.
Sophie is a single mother who’s transformed her parenting style to manage her sensitive son Peter’s big emotions effectively, leading to her growth as a confident parent. We talk about therapeutic strategies, coping mechanisms, and instilling responsibility in kids, especially with ADHD tendencies.
We also talk about their family dynamics, highlighting the importance of tailored disciplinary actions, empathy, and tactful conversations.
- 3:43 The work we have done together
- 6:20 Misunderstandings about attachment parenting
- 11:09 Reparenting herself
- 17:31 Sophie’s background as a sensitive person and how it affects her parenting
- 24:34 Diving deeper into the problems surrounding getting out of the door in the morning
- 29:45 Adjusting expectations
- 37:16 How to get Peter to open up
- 49:23 Two-week check in
- 50:26 Update about her mental progress
- 53:20 Using incentives
- 58:50 Systems + resource for things completing tasks like cleaning a room
- 1:01:56 Using money as a reward
Episode #140: Coaching with Sophie: A Sensitive Kid, A Sensitive Mom and Their Journey of Transformation
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
- Newsletter: www.sarahrosensweet.com/newsletter
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!