It can be scary to learn our kid has challenges that run deeper than what peaceful parenting can solve.
Realizing your child may need an assessment or may have something else going on behind the scenes can fill us with fear, worry and uncertainty.
This week’s episode is with Corey, a mom of two young boys, Big C who is 6 and neurodivergent and Little C who is 3.
Corey is also part of Team Sarah Rosensweet and is a former client. I invited her on to the podcast to talk about her experience with peaceful parenting and how it led to her son getting a proper diagnosis of sensory processing challenges, as well as a team to support him and their family.
Corey shares how her experience has enriched her and her family’s life in the most meaningful way. Of course there are still bad days and many challenges, but there are many blessings too.
Listen in as we talk about:
- How Corey faced a lot of challenges with big C, and felt isolated in parenting groups
- Why traditional parenting techniques weren’t the answer
- How her mindset and confidence transformed while working with Sarah
- What led Corey to know that there was something more going on with big C
- What a sensory diet is
- The blessings that have come with getting Big C a proper diagnosis
Episode #24: Coaching call with Corey: When Peaceful Parenting Wasn’t Enough
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Sensory Processing Challenges Episode with Dayna Abraham
- Worry Brain concept by Lynn Lyons
- Hey Warrior: A Book for Kids About Anxiety by Karen Young
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!