Unicorn space. It’s not self-care. It’s not time with friends. It’s the space where you get to do what lights you up and makes you interesting. It’s what makes you YOU! And if we don’t find, make or take that time, we’re in danger of losing our light.
In this episode, I’m thrilled to chat with best selling author Eve Rodsky, New York Times bestselling author of Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do (and More Life to Live) and its highly anticipated follow-up, Find Your Unicorn Space: Reclaim Your Creative Life in a Too-Busy World available as of December 28.
Eve is a Harvard-trained lawyer and former foundational manager at J.P. Morgan, and combines her experience in organizational management and family mediation with the science connecting creativity with improved mental and physical health.
Her step-by-step approach in Fair Play, which helps partners rebalance their domestic workload, has been recognized by Reese’s Book Club, Good Morning America, Today, NPR, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, and other outlets.
Listen in as we talk about:
- The critical moment that sparked Eve’s identity crisis and led to the creation of her first book
- Why women or caretakers are conditioned to de-prioritize their own time and put everyone else first
- The definition of Unicorn Space and how it works in real life
- The notion of ‘space’ and why women or caretakers rarely have any
- The secret formula to finding more time
- Why it’s so important as moms, parents and caretakers to prioritize ourselves
Episode #30: Find Your Unicorn Space with Eve Rodsky
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Purchase: Find Your Unicorn Space by Eve Rodsky
- Purchase: Fair Play by Eve Rodsky
- Sarah’s appearance on Martha Stewart
- The Big Rock Theory
Connect with Eve Rodsky
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!