In this episode, we’re exploring why kids lie and what to do about it.
This is something that I know concerns a lot of parents. I hear about it from folks in my membership, private coaching and in my Facebook group.
What do we do when kids lie? And why do they lie?
- Some research about child development and lying
- The four main reasons why little kids lie
- Why leading with empathy helps your child not lie
- How to ask questions in a way that won’t get a lie as an answer
- The reasons why bigger kids lie
- Tips to build strong relationships with our kids so they feel safe telling us the truth
Episode #33: Why Does My Child Lie and What To Do About It with Sarah Rosensweet
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The problems with punishment: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com/the-problems-with-punishment
- Join my newsletter: www.sarahrosensweet.com/newsletter
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!
Thank you for this podcast episode- very helpful!!