How do we navigate moving away from punitive parenting to peaceful parenting if we have only ever known that one parenting style?
My guest is Iris Chen, the founder of the Untigering movement and author of “Untigering: Peaceful Parenting for the Deconstructing Tiger Parent.”
We talk about how to undo the shame and negative thoughts that can come with transitioning from punitive parenting to peaceful parenting, giving ourselves grace, and repairing the relationship with our kids.
- The definition of Tiger Parenting
- Iris’ transition from Tiger Parenting when she realized it wasn’t working with her kids
- How Iris was able to find and give herself genuine compassion for how she parented before discovering peaceful parenting
- The three big ideas around Adultism
- Why family meetings are important and best practices for incorporating this into your own family team
As a peaceful parenting advocate, unschooler, and deconstructing tiger mom, her mission is to inspire generational and cultural transformation, especially among Asian communities. She spent 16 years living overseas in China (land of the tiger parent!) but now resides in her native California with her husband and two sons.
Episode #34: Untigering: Moving From Coercion to Compassion with Iris Chen
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
Connect with Iris
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!