In this episode, I’m sharing a glimpse into my incredible membership community.
It’s a monthly membership program. One of the features is group coaching Office Hours every week and one is a guest expert Q&A with other mentors in the parenting space.
Lynn Lyons joined me in my membership for this Q&A call, where community members had the chance to ask her their questions and get support in real time.
- [6:35] How to help anxious kids who reject coping skills
- [15:02] Helping kids who are anxious going to school
- [20:04] Guiding our kids who have just learned about death
- [25:35] How to help kids who get anxious at bedtime
- [32:10] Helping kids who are anxious about grades and academic performance
- [38:51] Dealing with perfectionism
- [41:31] What to look for in a therapist if you feel your child needs some extra support with their anxiety
Lynn is a psychotherapist, author and speaker in Concord, New Hampshire. She has been in private practice for 28 years, and specializes in the treatment of anxiety disorders in adults and children.
She travels globally as a speaker and trainer on the subject of anxiety, its role in families, and the need for a preventative approach at home and in schools.
Episode #45: Membership Q&A – How to Help Anxious Kids in Real Life Scenarios with Lynn Lyons
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Sign up for my membership
- Anxious Kids Anxious Parents by Lynn Lyons
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- The International OCD Foundation
- The Self Driven Child by William Stixrud
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!