In this episode, I sit down with Bob, dad to Cody, 6 and Skyler, 2. This conversation specifically focuses on Bob’s challenges with Cody, who is a kid with really big feelings and a lot of sensitivity.
As you’ll hear in the episode, we talk about the triggers Bob experiences because of Cody’s big feelings. We also discuss his fears and challenges with staying calm and emotionally generous in hard moments.
- [6:30] How Cody’s needs show up in their family life
- [12:50] How our fear as parents shows up in our parenting
- [19:00] What co-regulation is and the process to get there
- [21:20] Tips for incorporating Special Time into your routine
- [34:25] How to empty your Emotional Backpack
- [40:05] Check in – the changes Bob experienced after our coaching call
Episode #48: Coaching Call with Bob: Is This Normal? When You’re Worried About Your Child’s Meltdowns
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Episode 38: Why Do Kids Whine? And What To Do About It with Sarah Rosensweet
- Special Time Guide
- Rescue dog YouTube video
- Empathic Limits blog post
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!