How do you calm a hypervigilant nervous system? What causes it? How do you support a child when their behavior is challenging? This is what we discuss in this week’s coaching episode with Anita.
Anita lives in Australia and is the mom of two great kids: an 8 year old girl and 5 year old boy named Louis. Louis has a hypervigilant nervous system and asks for support in navigating it.
- [3:20] Louis’ facial burn and how it exacerbated his hypervigilance and sensitive nature
- [8:45] How to know if you need an autism diagnosis
- [11:40] Trauma responses vs. autism
- [18:15] The fear behind not having enough resources for neurodivergent kids
- [25:20] Anita’s update after two months
Episode #51: Coaching Call with Anita: Difficult Behavior and the Nervous System
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Join my newsletter
- Episode 33: Why Does My Child Lie and What To Do About It with Sarah Rosensweet
- Episode 43: Four Big Ideas to Help Stop Sibling Fights with Sarah Rosensweet
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!