In this episode, Rachel Rainbolt joins us in talking about how to have more simplicity as a family.
Our world is packed with stuff and activities, some of which we want and need, and a lot of which we don’t. Rachel teaches us tips to simplify our time and space so we can have more ease and joy.
Rachel, the founder of Sage Family, is a gentle parenting, natural homeschooling, and simple living mentor. With a master’s degree in marital and family therapy, she has spent decades guiding thousands of overwhelmed families to peace and joy. Rachel works from the Pacific Northwest, where she lives wild and free in connection with her 3 wildlings and the papa bear in their fixer upper on the beach.
- [2:15] The case study that frames this conversation
- [7:00] The simplicity mindset
- [15:50] Why transitions are hard for kids
- [17:20] Where to put yourself on your to do list
- [22:00] How to help kids get rid of stuff
- [26:20] The biggest blocks parents get when it comes to simplicity
- [29:45] Best practices for getting started with simplifying your space
- [33:30] Reframing trying to ‘do it all’
Episode #52: How to Have More Simplicity as a Family with Rachel Rainbolt
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
Connect with Rachel Rainbolt
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!