What is the impact of healing the relationship we have with our kids by healing ourselves?
It’s significant. When we start to understand why we have the beliefs and thoughts we do, and how it impacts our kids and relationships, it changes our outlook and how we approach our kids.
In this episode, Yvonne joins me for a coaching call to talk about how her relationship to herself has impacted the way she relates to her kids: Molly who is 7, and Fionntan who is 6.
- [2:40] Yvonne’s upbringing and how it influences the topic for this conversation
- [5:20] Getting pregnant unexpectedly
- [7:50] How Yvonne’s emotional regulation has changed since the early years
- [11:10] Having conversations about repairs with our kids
- [18:30] How to check in with your nervous system
- [24:35] Two week check in: How it went for Yvonne
- [32:20] The impact and importance of rest
- [41:40] Why we shouldn’t be so hard on ourselves
Episode #56: Coaching with Yvonne: Healing Our Relationship with Our Kids by Healing Ourselves
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!