What are the three components of self compassion?
We all need to extend ourselves a bit more compassion which is why this conversation is particularly important. Joining me is *the* thought leader in the self-compassion space, Dr. Kristin Neff.
Dr. Neff is currently an Associate Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Texas at Austin. She is a pioneer in the field of self-compassion research, conducting the first empirical studies on self-compassion nearly twenty years ago. She has been recognized as one of the most influential researchers in psychology worldwide.
- [3:00] How Dr. Neff’s story intertwines with her work in self compassion
- [6:45] Secondary traumatic stress and secondary self-compassion
- [8:20] How to find self compassion in hard situations
- [9:15] Dr. Neff’s definition of self compassion
- [12:30] Why gratitude isn’t always enough
- [16:30] The two types of self compassion
- [20:30] Dr. Neff’s self compassion meditation
- [27:00] How to believe in yourself and that you aren’t a bad person
- [29:45] What advice Dr. Neff would give to her younger parent self
Episode #63: Self-Compassion is the Key to Being Your Best Parent Self with Dr. Kristin Neff
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Ask your question: www.speakpipe.com/peacefulparentingpodcast
- Self-Compassion by Dr. Kristin Neff
- Fierce Self-Compassion: How Women Can Harness Kindness to Speak Up, Claim Their Power, and Thrive by Dr. Kristin Neff
Connect with Dr. Neff
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!