In this solo episode with me, we talk about what to do when saying goodbye is hard.
Whether it’s school drop-offs or leaving our kids with a babysitter, I’m sharing my strategies for making this transition much easier on both you and your kids.
- [2:00] Three ways to problem solve why saying goodbye is hard for kids
- [4:55] Considering who does the drop off
- [7:15] Coming up with a goodbye ritual
- [9:30] How to make the goodbye easier
- [13:00] Best practices when it comes to saying goodbye
- [15:30] Talking to children about the moment of goodbye
Episode #64: When Saying Goodbye is Hard
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Anxiety strategies
- Deborah MacNamara handout
- Owl Babies by Martin Waddell
- Episode 35: Three Skills to Protect Our Kids’ Mental Health with Lynn Lyons
- Episode 45: Membership Q&A – How to Help Anxious Kids in Real Life Scenarios with Lynn Lyons
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!