In this coaching call with Liz, we talk about what to do when kids have trouble falling and staying asleep.
Liz is the mom of a four year old boy and a one year old girl. She asked for some support because her four year old was having a lot of trouble staying asleep by himself.
We came up with some ideas to help her and the rest of her family get more sleep, as well as some strategies to help him with his fears around going to sleep.
- [5:00] Why exhaustion and burnout is normal with little kids
- [8:30] Current bedtime routine since weaning off nursing
- [12:55] How Liz currently navigates her son waking up in the middle of the night
- [16:10] How to address the ‘worry brain’ with your kids
- [22:10] Strategies to help kids fall and stay asleep
- [31:40] Check in after a few months
Episode #65: Coaching with Liz: When Kids Have Trouble Falling and Staying Asleep
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Episode 35: Three Skills to Protect Our Kids’ Mental Health with Lynn Lyons
- Episode 45: Membership Q&A – How to Help Anxious Kids in Real Life Scenarios with Lynn Lyons
- Anxious Kids Anxious Parents by Lynn Lyons
- Blog post for worry brain
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!