In this coaching call with Seodhna, we talk about the challenges that have popped up with her intense, sensitive, and strong-willed son.
Seodhna is the mom of 3 boys- ages 3, 6, and 8. She asked me for help with her oldest child, who often is quite challenging and demanding of her and her family.
We spoke on three separate occasions over the course of a year as she went through the process of getting a diagnosis for her son. We also came up with strategies to help them both during those very intense moments.
- [4:20] What it means to be ‘sensory seeking’
- [7:55] Exercises Seodhna does with Ronan thanks to occupational therapy
- [15:30] Introducing laughter and roughhousing to help unpack a full emotional backpack
- [25:45] ‘Masking’ as it relates to autism
- [37:20] Check in #2: How the initial strategies and recommendations worked for Ronan
- [40:55] Practicing co-regulation
- [44:50] Planning for a professional assessment of Ronan
- [48:30] Check in #3: Life post-assessment and how their family is doing now
- [52:35] The power in having answers
Episode #68: Coaching with Seodhna: How to Know if Your Child Needs a Professional Diagnosis
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Roughhousing ideas
- Stop Yelling At Your Kids Course
- Kristy Forbes resources
- Petey the Rescue Dog
- Episode 27: Understanding Autism with Kristy Forbes
- Kristy’s course about PDA
- Coke bottle analogy
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!