Growth mindset is the antidote to perfectionism and giving up. It’s believing “I can’t do it… YET”
How can we help our children develop a growth mindset?
What are the strategies? What do we do when our kids just want to give up?
This episode is a look into my membership community, and joining us is Sheena Hill, a psychotherapist in private practice as a Responsive Parenting and Holistic Sleep Coach. She is a passionate advocate for children, families, development, attachment, and trauma and has been working with families for almost 20 years.
- [6:45] Best practices when it comes to developing a growth mindset as it relates to parenting
- [12:20] ‘Inviting’ your mistakes to the dinner table
- [15:30] Shifting what ‘mistakes’ mean to us
- [18:45] How to help our kids out of a negative mindset
- [24:05] Tips for helping our kids when they’re spiraling
- [28:40] When to know if something is no longer serving our kids
- [32:40] What to do when the school environment isn’t supportive or peaceful
- [39:25] Setting expectations for different stages of our kids’ lives
She holds a masters degrees in Social Work and Education and trainings/certifications in SPACE, Neuroscience, Strengthening Families Program, The Nurturing Parenting Program, Hand in Hand Parenting, child passenger safety, and babyproofing.
After nearly a decade in the non-profit world, she made the shift to private practice in order to begin homeschooling.
Episode #69: Helping Kids Develop A Growth Mindset with Sheena Hill
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
Connect with Sheena
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!