In this coaching call with Dajana, we unpack the struggles she has been having with her middle son. Together, we dive into the nature of highly sensitive kids and strategies to help in highly emotional moments.
Dajana is a mom of three – a ten-year-old, a six and a half year old, and a three and a half year old.
- [1:30] What you will find inside my membership program
- [4:00] The challenges Dajana is facing with her middle son
- [6:35] How many daily upsets are “normal” for kids to experience
- [8:40] How to tell if your child is highly sensitive
- [15:30] Why it’s important to respond with empathy
- [20:10] Tips for helping your child communicate what’s wrong
- [25:45] Navigating ‘global catastrophic thinking’
- [34:40] Two week check in
Episode #70: Coaching with Dajana: Parenting A Highly Sensitive Child
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Rest Play Grow by Deborah MacNamara
- Anxious Kids Anxious Parents by Lynn Lyons
- Hey Warrior by Karen Young
- Episode 44: Coaching Call with Julia: How to Help Sensitive Kids When They Get Upset
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!