In this episode, Corey Everrett and I talk about how to help your perfectionist kid.
From modeling behavior to normalizing imperfection, we cover a wide range of tools and techniques to help you in those hard moments.
Corey is one of the peaceful parenting coaches on my team. Corey Everrett is a certified peaceful parenting coach. She lives in a small-town East of Toronto with her two young children, husband, and rescue pup. Corey helps families find more joy and ease in their daily lives, by empathically empowering parents to better understand themselves and their children.
- [2:40] How to stay calm with kids make mistakes
- [6:35] Modeling behavior for our kids to learn
- [10:10] Why we shouldn’t try and fix what our kids create or do
- [12:10] Helpful tools for doing the inner work and sharing our own mistakes
- [14:15] Normalizing imperfection
- [18:10] The growth mindset behind not being good at everything right away
Episode #71: How to Help Your Perfectionist Kid with Sarah and Corey
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!