In this episode, I’m answering questions I’ve received from you- my podcast listeners!
We have three listener questions:
- What to do if you have a kid who runs away when you are out in public.
- What to do when your child or children clearly prefer one parent over another.
- What to do when your family openly and actively doesn’t approve of your peaceful parenting choices.
- [2:30] What to do if your kid is a ‘runner’
- [5:55] How ‘impulse control’ plays a huge role in our child’s ability to make decisions
- [8:00] Tips to help kids strengthen their impulse control
- [10:15] What to do when a child prefers one parent over another
- [15:45] How to work on parent-child connection
- [18:55] Navigating family who disagree with peaceful parenting
- [25:00] Two important notes to remember from this episode
- [27:00] Why we should never shame or judge each other’s parenting styles
Episode #74: Answering Listener Questions
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Leave your questions here: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com/podcast/
- Special Time Guide: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com/special-time-guide/
- Episode #10: Being A Strong Leader: Your Feelings Are Not Your Child’s Problem
- Free Stop Yelling Course: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling/
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!