In this coaching call with Candace, we talk about the challenges her daughter, Elgin, who is nine, has been facing socially.
Elgin has ADHD and is dyslexic, which has caused her to feel like an outsider at school, resulting in friendships dissolving.
Her mom, Candace, has been struggling to find ways to help her daughter cope through these changes, which is what we talk about today.
- [2:40] The support Candace is looking for
- [4:40] How I supported my daughter through her ADHD diagnosis
- [5:50] How the challenges Elgin is facing show up in her daily life
- [14:30] Our own upbringings and how it impacts our kids
- [18:20] Coaching our kids to stand up for themselves
- [24:10] The pain parents face when their kids are being taken advantage of
- [26:05] One-month check in
Episode #76: Coaching with Candace: Supporting Our Kids When They Have Friend Challenges
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!