In this coaching call with Michelle, we talk about sibling rivalry issues when peaceful parenting hasn’t always been the method of parenting for both kids AND when one child has more intense needs than the other.
Michelle is a mom of two girls, 11 and seven years old. Her younger child, Q, is one of those kids that we call ‘more’ or ‘extra’, and really requires more energy and attention than her older child. What’s interesting is that the problem Michelle thought she had wasn’t actually what we ended up working on. Have a listen!
- [4:40] Anger in siblings when big emotions come up
- [8:00] Handling conflict when your kids don’t want to talk about it
- [17:30] The benefit of showing empathy and speaking kindly
- [20:15] Helping our kids through name calling and other unkind acts
- [27:30] Dividing our attention to all kids
- [32:40] One month check in
Episode #79: Coaching with Michelle: Sibling Rivalry When One Child Needs More From Us
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- FREE How to Stop Yelling Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Coping Skills Checklist by Janine Halloran: https://www.janinehalloran.com/free
- Sibling Best Practices: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com/e-book-stop-kids-fighting/
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!