How do we enjoy the holidays with our kids without worrying about if they’re being grateful enough for all they have?
How do we navigate gift-giving when trying to raise more conscious kids?
I know sometimes it can feel overwhelming. We may worry about the impact that gift-giving can have on our kids as they get older.
I brought on my three kids, Maxine, age 15, Asa, age 18, and Lee, age 21, to talk about the holidays when they were younger vs. now help parents navigate this with their own children.
This episode is a rerun from last season, and it also features a parent question about gratitude and gift giving for our kids.
- [2:20] Listener question about showing appreciation for receiving a gift
- [3:50] The emotional side of gratitude
- [8:05] The fear that our children will become entitled
- [11:05] Learning appreciation and gratitude over time
- [14:45] Acknowledging the privilege of receiving presents
- [17:45] How Maxine views giving and receiving gifts
- [27:25] How Asa views giving and receiving gifts
- [33:50] How Lee views giving and receiving gifts
Episode #80: Addressing Fears That Our Kids Aren’t Grateful for What They Have
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- FREE How to Stop Yelling Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!