What is social justice parenting?
How do we teach our children about social justice and help them understand and develop into kind, empathic and understanding adults?
What can we do as parents to help our children understand the importance of social justice?
Dr. Traci Baxley is a professor, consultant, parenting coach, speaker, and mother to five children. She is the creator of Social Justice Parenting™ and the author of Social Justice Parenting: How to Raise Compassionate, Anti-Racist, Justice-minded Kids in an Unjust World.
- [2:40] What is Social Justice Parenting
- [4:30] How to raise pro-justice children
- [13:30] Reconciling the idea that people are ‘good’, even when we don’t see eye to eye
- [16:00] Is it ok to keep our kids in the dark on social justice movements?
- [28:10] The impact of sexism
- [33:40] Traci’s advice for her younger parent self
Dr. Baxley has been an educator for over 30 years with degrees in child development, elementary education, and curriculum & instruction, she specializes in belonging, diversity and inclusion, anti-bias curriculum, and social justice education. As a diversity, equity, and inclusion consultant, Dr. Baxley supports organizations and corporations in developing inclusive practices and policies that lead to workplace belonging and high productivity.
Episode #81: Social Justice Parenting with Dr. Traci Baxley
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- FREE How to Stop Yelling Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Traci’s Course Link: https://tracibaxleyconsulting.thinkific.com/courses/copy-of-social-justice-parenting-course
- Book Club Question Guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aBoOo40UprOR1jg_EMowZO36WILvgKN4/view
Connect with Dr. Traci Baxley
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!