How do we navigate rough times as a family?
Life is unpredictable and will certainly throw us curve balls when we least expect it. How do we dig deep to find our inner resilience in these moments, and how do we grow together with compassion and empathy?
Joining me for this conversation is Casey O’Roarty, Med, a facilitator of personal growth and development.
For the last 15 years, her work has encouraged parents to discover the purpose of their journey, and provided them with tools and a shift of mindset that has allowed them to deepen their relationship with themselves and their families.
- [6:25] Learning to navigate her daughter’s anxiety and depression through highschool
- [15:45] Finding out her husband had cancer
- [24:20] Recommendations for parents who may be in a similar situation
- [30:55] Standing by the ‘positive discipline’ framework
- [38:45[ How to take care of yourself so you can show up as the parent and partner you want to be
- [42:40] What Casey would tell her younger parent self
Casey is a Positive Discipline Lead Trainer and Coach. She hosts a podcast, parenting summits, live and online classes, and individual coaching at www.joyfulcourage.com. Her book, Joyful Courage: Calming the Drama and Taking Control of YOUR Parenting Journey was published May 20th, 2019. Casey lives in the Pacific Northwest of the United States with her husband, and two teenagers.
Episode #83: Navigating Rough Times as a Family with Casey O'Roarty
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- FREE How to Stop Yelling Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/joyful-courage-a-conscious-parenting-podcast/id996079418
Connect with Casey O’Roarty
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!