After school can be a very difficult time! Our kids have full emotional backpacks, they’re hungry and cranky- hello, meltdowns!
How can we set ourselves up for success so that this overwhelming time of day can feel a bit easier? Corey and I give our best tips and strategies to navigate after school routines with ease!
We talk about the important role mindset plays, tips for ‘transition times’, homework, and much more.
- [3:00] Getting yourself into the right mindset
- [6:25] The best roughhousing solutions when you’re in a pinch
- [9:05] Developing an emergency exit plan
- [11:00] Transitioning to dinner time when kids may not be hungry
- [15:35] Tips for making ‘walking out the door’ easier
- [18:50] Thoughts on screen time after school
- [25:20] How to fit homework into your after school routine
- [29:00] One big tip to be that calmer parent during your after school routine
Episode #92: After School Best Practices For A Smooth Routine
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
- Record a question: https://www.speakpipe.com/peacefulparentingpodcast
- Taking the Stress Out of Morning Routines: www.sarahrosensweet.com/episode77
- Bedtime Best Practices: www.sarahrosensweet.com/episode86
- Grab our cheat sheet: www.sarahrosensweet.com/afterschool
- Hunt, Gather, Parent by Michaeleen Doucleff
- Self-Driven Child by William Stixrud (PhD) and Ned Johnson
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!