In this episode, Sarah Moore joins me on the podcast to talk about what story teaching is, and why it’s important to focus on ‘play’.
We also touch on consequences, and natural consequences, when it comes to peaceful discipline.
We are also giving away a copy of Sarah’s new book. From March 22, 2023 to March 28, 2023, share a screenshot to your social media of you listening to this episode, tag me on either Facebook or Instagram, and be automatically entered to win.
Sarah R. Moore is the author of Peaceful Discipline: Story Teaching, Brain Science & Better Behavior and founder of Dandelion Seeds Positive Parenting.
As a Master Trainer in conscious parenting and Board Member for the American Society for the Positive Care of Children, she’s also a public speaker, armchair neuroscientist, and most importantly, a Mama.
- [3:15] Sarah’s new book, Peaceful Discipline: Story Teaching, Brain Science & Better Behavior
- [5:00] How trying improv can help parents
- [6:50] How natural consequences play out in the real world
- [9:10] Our limbic system reactions
- [16:50] Why kids are wired to play, and how that’s actually okay
- [25:35] What to do if you don’t ‘have time’ to be playful
- [27:50] How to use Story Teaching in peaceful parenting
- [34:40] Can kids really learn without consequences?
- [40:50] Debunking the myth that peaceful parenting has no consequences
- [44:00] What Sarah would tell her younger parent self
Episode #94: Peaceful Discipline with Sarah Moore
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
- Book: Peaceful Discipline: Story Teaching, Brain Science & Better Behavior by Sarah Moore
Connect with Sarah Moore
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dandelionseedspositiveliving/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DandelionSeedsPositiveParenting/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DandelionSeeds5
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/dandelionseeds5/
- Website: https://dandelion-seeds.com/
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!