In this episode, we’re answering how to handle when your child says ‘I hate you’.
Of course, when we’re on the receiving end of this, it can feel painful to hear, so how do we navigate it and what can we do about it?
This episode is inspired by my daughter, Maxine, who suggested I do this topic and share it with you. In fact, she joins me in the second half of the episode to share her perspective and what she wants parents to know.
- [1:30] Responding with ‘calm’
- [2:40] Reminding yourself what you’re seeing is the “fight”
- [4:30] How to respond to the feeling that’s driving the behavior
- [8:00] What to do when this is a trigger for you
- [11:20] Knowing that you’re not alone
- [12:35] What my daughter Maxine thinks parents should know about this
- [15:20] The kind of reaction parents should have
- [17:10] How to not take offense
Episode #95: How to Handle Your Kid Saying ‘I Hate You’ with special guest, Sarah’s teenage daughter
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!