In this episode, Tosha Schore joins me to talk about what to do when your child is aggressive.
Most of us have been there – kids fighting over toys, hitting, sibling rivalry, or anger that seems to come out of nowhere. How do you handle it? Is there an effective way to deal with it?
Tosha is mom to three boys and an advocate for boys and their families. She is on a mission to create a more peaceful world, one sweet boy at a time by supporting you to care for yourself, connect with your boy deeply, set limits lovingly, and play wildly!
She brings a burst of energy and optimism to parenting, and is an expert at simple solutions to what feel like overwhelmingly complicated problems.
Through her online community and courses, Tosha helps break the isolation of modern parenting and lifts your confidence so you’re better equipped to face the challenges of raising young boys.
- [4:30] How Tosha got into this work
- [5:50] Why kids get aggressive
- [9:10] Meeting your child where they’re at
- [13:00] How to stop your child’s aggression
- [16:40] Common mistakes parents make when trying to end aggressive behavior
- [23:15] What to do when the aggression seems to be impulsive
- [32:00] How to handle being fearful of your child hitting or hurting you
- [40:45] Sibling rivalry and aggression between siblings
- [48:35] Lashing out after breaking toys
- [51:15] How to know if you’re handling these situations correctly
- [53:35] Figuring out our triggers
- [57:25] When aggression comes out of nowhere
- [59:25] What Tosha would tell her younger parent self
Tosha is the creator of all things Parenting Boys Peacefully, including “Parenting Boys Peacefully: A 10-Day Reconnect,” an online group experience shared by over 15,000 parents worldwide. She is also a trainer of Hand in Hand Parenting and co-author of “Listen: Five Simple Tools to Meet Your Everyday Challenges.” Tosha is also a frequent guest expert on podcasts and online and in-person conferences.
Oh! And if it makes you feel better, Tosha’s got some letters after her name…She holds a BA in Women’s Studies & Language Studies from UCSC, an MA in Applied Linguistics and a certificate in TESOL from UCLA, and is a certified trainer of instructors in Hand in Hand Parenting.
Episode #96: When Your Child is Aggressive with Tosha Schore
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
Connect with Tosha
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/toshaschoreyourpartnerinparentingboys
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ToshaSchoreYourPartnerInParenting
- Website: https://parentingboyspeacefully.com/
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!