In this episode, Lynn Lyons joins me on the podcast to talk about anxiety and how it shows up in adults and in our parenting.
Lynn has been on the podcast twice before – be sure to check out the other two episodes linked below once you’re done listening to this one.
Our conversation today centers around her new book, The Anxiety Audit, and she gives us tangible tips to transform our relationship with anxiety starting today.
- [3:55] How Lynn got into this work
- [5:20] About Lynn’s new book: The Anxiety Audit
- [10:10] ‘Catastrophizing’ and its relation to anxiety
- [15:10] How to handle anxiety as the aftermath of the last few years
- [17:30] How to step out of anxious patterns
- [22:55] Is ‘worry’ the rehearsal for tragedy?
- [26:50] What to do instead of worrying?
- [30:45] Using ‘business’ to mask anxiety
- [34:55] Tips for reducing business and chaos
- [37:50] Leveraging unstructured play
- [49:30] Lynn’s advice to her younger parent self
Lynn is a psychotherapist, author and speaker in Concord, New Hampshire. She has been in private practice for 28 years, and specializes in the treatment of anxiety disorders in adults and children.
She travels globally as a speaker and trainer on the subject of anxiety, its role in families, and the need for a preventative approach at home and in schools.
Episode #99: How Anxiety Shows Up in Our Parenting and What to Do About It with Lynn Lyons
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Free ‘How to Stop Yelling’ Course: www.sarahrosensweet.com/yelling
- Join us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/peacefulparenting
- Episode 35: www.sarahrosensweet.com/episode35
- Episode 45: www.sarahrosensweet.com/episode45
Connect with Lynn
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/flusterclux/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LynnLyonsMSW
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPraoDm3VQl56hLah5DM4UA
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lynnlyonsanxiety/
- Website: https://www.amaze.org
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/peacefulparentingfreegroup
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com
- Book a short consult or coaching session call: https://book-with-sarah-rosensweet.as.me/schedule.php
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!