In this week’s episode, I talk about the importance of fostering independence instead of pushing your kids to become independent.
It’s natural as a parent to worry that your kids will grow up not being independent, so we sometimes try and push them to do things for themselves when maybe they need a bit more love and nurturing.
The key is to find balance on both sides.
Listen in as I talk about:
- The difference between letting your kids become independent vs. pushing them to be independent
- Why it’s okay to do things for your kids that they can do for themselves
- Tips to foster more independence with your kids
Episode #7: Fostering Independence with Sarah Rosensweet
Download the episode transcript HERE
To sign up for Sarah’s free workshop on Peaceful Discipline click HERE
- Special Time including ideas for roughhousing: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com/special-time-guide/
- Self-Compassion: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com/self-compassion/
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!