What is play-based learning? What are the benefits of play-based learning and how can it help our kids become more independent as they grow older?
In this episode, I sat down with Teacher Tom to speak about the benefits of play-based learning.
Listen in as we talk about
- What play-based learning is
- Why letting your kids play when it comes to learning is more than enough
- The dangers of not letting kids play
- Why bickering is necessary when playing
- Teacher Tom’s perspective on how much play kids really need
Tom “Teacher Tom” Hobson is an early childhood educator, international speaker, education consultant, teacher of teachers, parent educator, and author. He is best known for his namesake “Teacher Tom’s Blog,” where he has posted daily for over a decade, chronicling the life and times of his preschool.
For nearly two decades he was the sole employee of the Woodland Park Cooperative School, a parent-owned and operated school, knit together by Teacher Tom’s democratic, progressive, play-based pedagogy. He has authored two bestselling books, consults with organizations about his “Family Schools program,” and inspires early years audiences around the world at major ECE conferences, both virtually and in-person.
Episode #31: Play-Based Learning with Teacher Tom
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Register for Teacher Tom’s Course: The Technology Of Speaking with Children So They Can Think
Connect with Teacher Tom
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!