Have you heard the term ‘stable misery’?
It’s Dr. Lynyetta Willis’s term to describe the ‘in-between’ space we sometimes experience as parents: The house isn’t burning down but things aren’t great.
In this episode, Dr. Willis joins me for a conversation about how to break out of stable misery.
As a psychologist and family empowerment coach, Dr. Lynyetta Willis, helps frustrated families stop Stable Misery® cycles or unhelpful patterns that keep them stuck, so they can create more joy in their parenting or partnerships. Her Triggered to Transformed® Parent Coaching Program has helped parents all over the world to confidently deal with their triggers so they can pass on the best parts of themselves and enjoy parenting more.
- [2:40] How Dr. Lynyetta became a family empowerment coach
- [3:45] What stable misery is
- [5:55] How to recognize when you’re in stable misery
- [9:00] The Five Paths Framework
- [21:10] Tips to get in touch with your feelings and emotions
- [27:20] The difference between stressors and triggers
[40:20] Dr. Lynyetta’s advice to her younger parent self
Episode #57: Breaking Out of Stable Misery with Dr. Lynyetta Willis
Download the episode transcript HERE
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Ask your question: www.speakpipe.com/peacefulparentingpodcast
- Quiz: What’s Your Parenting Trigger Score – https://drlwillis.link/trigger-score
- Stable Misery Free Roadmap – www.healingstablemisery.com
Connect with Dr. Lynyetta Willis
Connect with Sarah Rosensweet
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On YouTube
- Book a short consult or coaching session call
Want your question answered on the Peaceful Parenting Podcast?
Please record your question. Your recording may be played on the podcast. You will be asked for your name and email. This is only for me! I will only use your first initial if I answer your question on the podcast.
Want some more support?
Book a free short consult with me.
You can also join our free Peaceful Parenting Facebook group.
How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids
Do you want to learn how to stop yelling at your kids? Sign up for my e-course! You get all the tools and support you need to be the parent you want to be and enjoy your kids again!